Fucking wonderful. So now not only are the navigation icons missing off tumblr’s header, but my follow/unfollow and dashboard buttons are gone for me off everyone’s blogs AND now I can’t see people’s avatars.
WTF is this shit?
in order to make a gif as your tumblr icon if you’re a chrome user you have to download an add on in order for you to see it; however, firefox, ie and opera users don’t need any add ons to see it :—))
so doing that, you’re going to need a .gif to .apng converter NOT .png (.apng)
you can download the one i used here and click the download in the green
then get the gif you want to use and resize it to 64 x 64 or it will not work! after doing that just convert it which takes like 3 seconds and the file will be done and finally just upload the file and boom, your tumblr portrait is moving!
WTF tumblr. I can’t answer my asks all of a sudden. The html/text editor bar is completely gone and I can’t use the ‘upload photo’ feature either.
I thought maybe it was just Chrome messing up again, so I loaded up Firefox but on there the entire text space is gone altogether. D:
(Missing e was uninstalled a long time ago, so that’s not the issue)
My life has become, like, 87 times easier ever since I learned that you can take the two numbers and the dot off of the url of a picture and it won’t be a grey box anymore.
I LEARNED SOMETHING TODAY THANK YOU.
People seem to be having trouble with the photo replies thing and so here’s a thing to help.
I don’t know why but Missing E doesn’t automatically check the box for you. You have to click that gear settings button thingy when you make the post and then check the box. And when you have that little helpful number 1 shows up to show you that you’ve enabled them!
Hope this helps!
a couple of tumblr functions if you didn’t know about them:
- you can make tags on an individual blog display from the earliest to latest post by adding /chrono to the end, for example: http://gameofgifs.tumblr.com/tagged/season_202/chrono
- you can search through a tumblog by date using “http://username.tumblr.com/day/YEAR/MONTH/DAY”, for example: http://gameofgifs.tumblr.com/day/2012/09/16
- you can view just the photo posts on your dashboard in mosaic form by going to http://www.tumblr.com/photos
- you can save ask messages to your queue or drafts by hovering your mouse over the publish button and holding down “alt”, which will bring up alternative options
- by using the url “http://www.tumblr.com/show/type of post” you can filter your dash, for example “http://www.tumblr.com/show/photos” will show only photos
- you can retrieve previously used themes via the theme recovery page: http://www.tumblr.com/themes/recover
- when reblogging a long text post (like this one!), click on the “as” at the top of the post to reblog as a text post, link or quote
Tumblr 101: How Tags work!
- Only the first 5 tags count.
- Start with the important tags (ex. show name, actor name, artist name).
- If you’re the kind of person who fangirl like there’s no tomorrow
like mein their tags, save that until the end.
- Don’t tag your hate, that’s rude, childish and immature.